401(k) Benefits Specialist
The 401(k) Benefits Specialist Serves as a subject matter expert for 401(k) benefits related issues, including employee inquiries and support of local HR representatives. Uses independent judgment and decision making to evaluate and make recommendations about benefit plan administration.
- Ensures plan documents are current and accurate for each plan and filed/communicated appropriately throughout the year.
- Prepares and submits data files and internal reporting for 401(k) Plans’ Form 5500 filings, annual compliance testing and year-end data collection.
- Prepares accurate 401(k) compliance materials in a timely manner including but not limited to: Form 5500 filings, Summary Annual Reports and Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Ensures administration of Company-sponsored 401(k) plans in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Performs a bi-weekly review and reconciliation of the 401(k) contribution files and coordinates the wire transfer of funds to the Trustee.
- In coordination with the Plans’ recordkeeper/trustee, conducts semi-annual review of all qualified plan data.
- Coordinates data collection and provides accurate and timely responses to external audit firm for the completion of the audited financial statements included with the 401(k) plans’ annual Form 5500 filings.
- Receives and reconciles invoices from service providers; processes and submits timely funding requests.
- Drafts written communications to employees regarding 401(k) plans and 401(k) events, e.g., employee education meetings.
- Coordinates annual 401(k) education meeting, in-person and virtual, with Field HR and Recordkeeper/Trustee.
- Timely and accurate submission of 401(k) plan bi-weekly contribution and loan files and off-cycle Payroll contributions to Recordkeeper/Trustee; ensures timely and accurate funding transfers.
- Fully compliant administration of 401(k) plans according to ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and all applicable regulations.
- Complete, accurate and timely audited 401(k) Financial Statements.
- Timely and accurate submissions of Form 5500 and required Schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- Five (5) years or more of relevant work experience in a corporate Benefits Department.
- Three (3) years administering qualifying 401(k) plans
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred.
- Subject matter expert regarding 401(k) defined contribution plan design, administration, and compliance.
- Working knowledge of federal laws and regulations pertaining to the compliant operation of 401(k) plans, including but not limited to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
- Mathematical aptitude, strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to communicate complex qualified plan concepts and business processes effectively orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well organized with finely tuned attention to detail.
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Model: Hybrid
Location: Stafford/Sugar Land, TX area