Associate Director of Total Rewards
Our Downtown Houston client is seeking an Associate Director of Total Rewards to join their HR team! You will be responsible for leading the Benefits, Compensation, and P&O Systems and Services teams on programs to increase attraction, acquisition, performance, and retention of l associates. Other duties include:
- Develop and execute upon Total Rewards philosophy and strategy.
- Partner closely with members of the Leadership and Team Total Rewards team to advise and influence business decisions regarding total rewards strategy and programs.
- Oversee the overall design, development, implementation, and communication administration of all Compensation and Benefits programs.
- Oversee the development and management of thoughtful, scalable, guidelines, policies, and processes to positively shape the associate lifecycle in a manner that is compliant, efficient, and scalable. This may include onboarding, offboarding, Leaves of Absence, and other compliance-related efforts.
- Direct solutions to a wide range of challenging problems, with the ability to see and seize new opportunities, with a particular focus on competitive Total Rewards for Associates.
- Ensure the business is thinking productively and prepared to execute at scale when entering new markets and services
- Apply deep knowledge, expertise, and experience in all aspects of compensation, benefits mobility, and HRIS; combining innovative thinking with realistic implementation
- Facilitate the Compensation Committee, bringing recommendations on key topics, providing analyses and business intelligence, and executing final Committee decisions.
- Direct analysis of rewards programs to ensure they align with business strategy and ensures rewards programs optimize the organization’s ability to attract and retain talent, balancing cost-effectiveness with market competitiveness.
- Create and manage Total Rewards and Systems scorecards, critical metrics, reports, and analytics to enable better decision-making.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Economics, or related field required. Graduate degree (MBA or similar) preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive leadership responsibility in the areas of benefits, compensation, and HRIS programs/systems. 4+ years leading people and teams.
- Experience with effectively scaling Total Rewards & HRIS functions to support company business goals and growth, with focus on industry competitiveness.
- Advanced knowledge of benefits, compensation, and HRIS. Preferred previous experience with HR systems implementation in a large organization.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools.
- Experience managing executive compensation plans required.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) and CBP (Certified Benefits Professional) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates strong systems thinking and commitment to designing for simplicity; balance what is possible, what is necessary, and what is feasible.
- Highly analytical and comfortable translating quantitative and qualitative analysis into impactful business insights.
- Ability to influence and gain alignment on decisions at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to develop and implement creative solutions to current people-related process challenges based on the varying needs of the business
- Strong business acumen and partnering skills.
- High level of intellectual horsepower.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for innovation.
- Ability to motivate, engage and lead direct report(s).
- Exceptional presence and presentation skills with strong ability to influence and partner with senior executive leaders.
- WFHY Flexibility- 3 days in office, 2 days at home