This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time Benefits Administrator based in Houston. The Benefits Administrator will assist in the administration of company benefits programs, function as a liaison between vendors and associates, and advise associates on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters. This position will also be responsible for leave of absence administration and other various projects. Job responsibilities include:
- Support with on-boarding of new hires by issuing offer letters and information packets, reviewing company policies, and explaining benefit programs.
- Maintain records for employees by recording the hiring, transfer, termination, change in job classifications, and merit increase dates, as well as tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Assists Payroll and Finance team with any requests regarding pay and maintenance of payroll records.
- Ability to use the HRIS system to access requested reports.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Response to 401(k) inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts.
- Education: BS in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related major preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Health & Welfare, 401(k), and Leave of Absences programs.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding benefit programs, FMLA, CFRA, ADA, COBRA, HIPPA and ACA is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.