Responsible for performing a variety of Human Resources support duties. Administers employee benefit and incentive programs and follows through with procedures. Maintains the Human Resource benefit administration portal and updates employee records and files. Responsible for creating and maintaining employee files to ensure accuracy and compliance. Maintains various payroll functions like inputting new hires, updating personal information and benefit deductions. Communicates with internal and external parties regarding benefit and status inquiries. Reception back-up for breaks and lunches. . Performs general office support functions and assists area personnel as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Assumes responsibility for effectively administering Company benefit programs.
• Responsible for maintaining the benefit administration portal, ensuring information is up to date
• Pull weekly HR reports to reconcile status changes with payroll
• Prepare new hire benefit information packets for employees in their eligibility period as noted by payroll reports
• Point of contact for benefit carriers and employee inquiries
• Administer the monthly review process and maintain review and merit spreadsheets
• Approve and process qualifying events in benefit administration system.
• Process COBRA general notice and continuation requests with COBRA administration vendor
• Work with broker and insurance carriers regarding claim discrepancies and outstanding issues
• Track and maintain the Referral Bonus program
• Administer Employee and Sales of the Quarter Recognition program
• Assumes responsibility for effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resource information.
• Responsible for scanning employee files and assists in processing invoices for department.
• Assists with telephone back-up for receptionist’s breaks and lunches.
• Enters address changes and licensure information in the human resource system database.
• Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Kane’s policies and procedures.
• Responsible for processing security cards for warehouse and corporate staff.
• Completes miscellaneous duties as requested.
• Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
• Obtains and conveys information as needed.
• Supports Department personnel as needed.
• Coordinates with related departments as required. Answers questions and provides assistance.
• Keeps management appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
• Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Types memos and letters as requested.
• Stays well informed regarding Human Resource developments.
• Performs miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least 2 – 4 years of experience with Benefits Administration.
• Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Knowledgeable regarding health and welfare benefits and standard healthcare regulations such as ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA, etc.
• HRIS experience preferred.
• Effective communication skills and strong presentation skills; demonstrated ability to effectively deliver informative and engaging presentations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Understands and applies complex information and data from various sources to meet objectives.
• Manages multiple assignments, sets priorities, and adapts to changing conditions and work assignments.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion.