Our client, who is located in Northwest Houston is seeking a Benefits Associate to join their team. You will coordinate the department’s employee benefits program by performing benefits administration which includes claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees. Other responsibilities include:
- Administer the employee benefits programs such as group health, dental, life, and medical reimbursement.
- Coordinate the annual open enrollment process and process all employee benefit enrollment and change forms within required time limits to meet payroll deadlines.
- Implement new benefit programs and spearhead bid and selection process as needed.
- Arrange and conduct employee benefit information presentations and enrollments.
- Prepare announcement materials, booklets, and other media for communicating new and existing plans to employees.
- Verify monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies.
- Resolve administration problems with the carrier representatives.
- Handle benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment, application, and claims records for all benefit plans.
- Process all long-term absences according to established guidelines including determining eligibility for various leave programs (i.e., family and medical leave and temporary disability leave) and providing employees with appropriate and timely notice.
- Counsel with employees and supervisors concerning leave benefits and provide employees with accurate information related to absences such as deductions from pay, medical certification requirements, return-to-work dates, and fitness-for-duty requirements.
- Work cooperatively with payroll and risk management to process and coordinate all employee leaves and absences, including those relating to workers’ compensation claims.
- Maintain good public relations with Department personnel, clients and the public.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience in benefits administration, insurance administration, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Knowledge of administration of employee benefits programs and applicable laws
- Knowledge of administration of leave programs and applicable laws
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and to small and large groups of employees
Experience working with computer systems and software applications