Our financial services client in Houston is seeking an experienced Benefits Manager to join their team! You will be responsible for assisting all employees with benefit related inquires, enrollment, and managing the HRIS system. Other responsibilities include:
- Process employee enrollment/change paperwork and participate in employee orientation meetings.
- Review benefit plan rules, premium updates, plan changes, work processes, calculation changes, and so forth for all employee groups including charter schools.
- Make appropriate program plan changes and implement new system processes in HRIS benefit tables that successfully impact employees and achieve efficiency.
- Run eligibility extracts, create queries, and generate audit reports. Troubleshoot issues with IT and Payroll teams. Utilize quality
- Develop, recommend, and implement changes in the administration of employee benefits and strategy planning for benefit plans.
- Focus on, create and communicate programs with proactive steps of cost containment, e.g., wellness programs, and lifestyle changes.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with vendors, consultants, and third-party administrators to ensure efficient plan administration.
- Partner with healthcare or wellness providers to create programs, incentives, informational literature, etc. to help control the cost of benefits by creating opportunities for employees to become healthier.
- Manage Benefits Specialist(s) including providing appropriate training, conducting performance evaluations, assigning projects, maintaining quality assurance, documenting procedures, and implementing new administrative processes to achieve efficiency and ensure accuracy.
- Review, create and update summary plan descriptions and applicable policies to ensure accuracy of administration in plan documents.
- Ensure administrative compliance with numerous federal and regulatory requirements relative to employee benefit plans.
- Manage the open enrollment process by creating and implementing a project plan, delegating tasks, and creating open enrollment documentation and employee communication materials.
- Conduct benefit information meetings.
- Input and manage HRIS benefits system to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct follow-up surveys, questionnaires, etc. to measure the effectiveness of information provided during open enrollment.
- Collaborate and troubleshoot with other functional areas/departments (e.g., Recruiting, Employee Services, Payroll, and Information Technology) on HRIS processes as their work impacts the Benefits system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals.
- Excellent managerial skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Benefit Administration.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience.