Benefits Specialist- Dallas
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our Dallas-based client is seeking a Benefits Specialist to serve as a subject matter expert and assist all employees with enrollment into their benefit programs. Primary responsibilities include:
- Assists all employee benefit programs, such as medical, dental, ancillary benefits, life insurance, accident and disability insurance, COBRA, flexible spending programs, and AES’s 401(k) plan.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for management and first point of contact for the Company’s employees regarding all employee benefits issues, concerns, and questions.
- Ensures the successful implementation of new and/or revised AES benefits programs, including collection of employee information and timely notification to employees of pertinent changes.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for processes, administers, and tracks all employee FMLA, workers’ compensation, and/or other similar leaves or absence while ensuring compliance with applicable law and Company policy.
- Assists with orientations regarding employee benefits as needed and ensures eligible employees are provided necessary information in a timely manner concerning AES employee benefits.
- Prepares and ensures the timely completion of medical enrollment forms and affidavits, including beneficiary information.
- Ensures that employee benefits-related paperwork (e.g., Form 5500, 1095s, etc.) is prepared and timely filed with governmental entities, as required.
- Assists the HR Manager with all areas of HR responsibility, when and as needed.
- Generates reports concerning HR activities for AES management, when and as requested.
- Verifies the accuracy of monthly employee benefits’ premiums and maintains data in order to track, verify analyze employee benefits-related costs and claim activities.
- Monitors the national environment for employee benefits options and cost savings, including workers’ compensation coverage.
- Researches and resolves employee benefits issues and works with employee benefits service-providers to address questions and concerns.
- Stays abreast of changes in existing laws, rules, regulations and best practices applicable to the HR field, and, specifically, employee benefits and payroll administration.
- Handles special projects and all other duties as assigned by the HR Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR-related field relevant to the position.
- 3 to 5 years minimum of hands-on HR work experience (including employee benefits and system administration)
- Certification in HR-related accreditation (PHR/SPHR) is strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (including strong Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills) and Outlook, and substantial internet research skills.
- Experience involving Workday software is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and mathematical skills, with the ability to research employee benefits issues and prepare/analyze benefits costs and calculate figures and amounts.