Our North Houston client is in an immediate need for a temporary benefits specialist to manage employee benefits and benefit related issues. This individual will also need to have prior experience with compensation, as that will be a small portion of responsibilities. The ideal candidate must understand, leave management, as well as short term and long term, with strong excel skills.
The position serves as the direct liaison between vendors and employees for gathering information, resolving issues, and working daily with our third-party benefits administrator on resolving escalating issues. Primary duties consist of complying and maintaining benefit records and documents, meaning that the candidate must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist employees with employee benefit programs such as medical, dental, vision, group life, accident and disability insurance, and 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan; includes answering questions concerning benefit plan eligibility, coverage, policies and procedures.
- Acts as a backup to the Senior Benefit Specialist in regarding to the oversight and administration of leave programs, such as LTD, STD, COBRA, FMLA, and the company maternity/paternity leave plan.
- Track eligibility and ensure timely enrollment of new hires, status changes and termination of employees in appropriate benefit plans.
- Assist employees in filing health, dental, life and all other related benefit claims as needed.
- Follow up with outside vendors to resolve employee issues, claims issues and concerns related to all benefit plans.
- Assist in annual benefit related projects including open enrollment, 401(k) audit and year-end reporting; prepare and distribute informative materials for new hires and open enrollments. Ensure distribution and posting in a timely manner of compliance related documents (SPD, Booklets, Privacy Notices, etc.)
- Assists with ensuring all plans remain in compliance with federal and ERISA laws and are managed per plan guidelines. Responsible for coordination of data necessary to complete internal, state and/or federal reporting, testing and plan eligibility. Assists in the preparation of non-discrimination testing, Annual Funding Notices, SARs and related filings/reports.
- Conduct monthly audits of vendor invoices and reconciles with Accounting.
- Ensure any benefit changes are updated with all carriers and internal and external systems.
- Engages in the development and implementation of wellness initiatives and disease management to achieve long term trend management.
- Partners with HR Technology and Payroll to ensure accuracy of associate data and functionality of electronic data interfaces with vendors
- Administer the Healthy Rewards Wellness programs to include answering questions regarding the program, oversees and administer program events (biometric screenings, flu shots, mammograms, etc.), draft communications and distribute timely, provide basic analytics regarding program usage and goals.
- Administer the Education Assistance Program; ensure reimbursements are made timely, communicate to employees and managers regarding the program. Offer program recommendations
A Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred with prior work experience in benefits. Minimum of 5 years’ experience is required with proficiency in all Microsoft programs, SAP experience, and running ADHOC reports.
(This position has been closed. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org)