Bilingual HR Business Partner
Our South Houston client is seeking a Bilingual HR Business Partner to provide professional-level human resources assistance, service and guidance within one or more areas of responsibility: compensation, benefits, employee relations, recruitment and retention, or other areas as assigned. May be assigned as a generalist providing a full range of services to a group of departments or a specialist, providing services in one or more areas for the entire organization. In this role, you will partner with management to advise and communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and revise position descriptions for new and existing jobs.
- Maintain database of all position descriptions.
- Utilize existing salary structures to price new jobs through market pricing or slotting.
- Provide advice and information on performance review process.
- Provide talent acquisition support for salaried- corporate roles
- Act as liaison and point of contact for Employees with questions regarding benefit plans and eligibility.
- Coach and counsel Employees regarding policies, conflicts and employment issues.
- Investigate and resolve issues, concerns, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Advise and counsel management regarding employee relations, federal, state and local laws, corrective action and termination requests.
- Address issues or concerns that Employees may have in a timely manner.
- Develop and facilitate new hire orientation.
- Meet with hiring managers and recruiting staff to review job descriptions and confirm skills required for job openings.
- Conduct recruitment effort for exempt and non-exempt personnel, interns, and temporary including writing and placing advertisements and preparing and posting internal job openings.
- Schedule interviews, schedule interview panel, and develop interview questions, tests or other interview processes as appropriate.
- Conduct background checks and administer the pre-employment physical and drug screen process.
- Support recruiting staff at on-site and off-site recruitment events including job fairs, college recruiting fairs, and trade shows.
- Conduct exit interviews with Employees leaving to company to assess overall success of employment relationship and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in the development of human resources policies and procedures in order to satisfy legal requirements.
- Assist with implementation of quarterly random drug and alcohol program as necessary.
- Research and develop new procedures as requested and maintain employee handbook, policies and procedures.
- Recommend new approaches and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Compile, analyze and report on HR data utilizing HRIS and other software programs as necessary.
- Assist and/or conduct HR-related training for Employees and managers as necessary.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Skills and Specifications
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Possess an expert knowledge of human resource practices and procedures and multiple human resource disciplines.
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation pertaining to employment compensation and benefits and other related human resource functions.
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques and procedures.
- Skill in coaching, developing, and training others.
- Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software.
- Ability to successfully use Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint for database, word processing, presentation preparation and reporting purposes.
- Ability to utilize HRIS software
- Ability to develop close working relationships across all departments.
- Ability to verbally communicate with others in order to coach and lead.
- Ability to integrate data from interviews in order to make appropriate employment decisions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple and changing priorities.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related degree required.
- Three to five plus years’ of experience in the administration of Human Resource Programs,
- Must possess a general knowledge of Human Resources laws and practices.
- Personal computer experience in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required.
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!