This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our client, a growing construction-related company in west Houston, is seeking a Human Resources Administrator to join the HR team.
- Assist with processing a variety of human resources and payroll actions such as appointments, promotions, separations, terminations, within grade increases, and changes to benefit elections. Maintain automated personnel record system.
- Assist with recruitment efforts, such as preparing and distributing announcements, coordinating interviews, and conducting reference checks. Assist with creating and classifying position descriptions. Assist in administering background and investigation checks, employment tests, and issuing credentials and identification cards.
- Assist with onboarding
- Process Workers’ Compensation claim forms and Temporary Continuance of Coverage requests. Gather data for required reports, such as telework and fair employment practices.
- Assist with researching, developing, and recommending human resources related procedures or policies
- Assist with benefits program coordination including maintaining and distributing benefits materials, processing forms, and addressing routine benefits questions and resolving benefits issues.
- Assist with training activities related to human resources matters within the court unit, such as maintaining training records, assisting with preparing materials and resources, and scheduling resources (e.g., meeting rooms, web-based resources, etc.)
- Perform reception duties by greeting visitors/callers in person and on the telephone, answering routine questions, and directing visitors/callers to the appropriate person or department.
Degree preferred, ideally in HR, Management, or related field, with 3 years’ minimum experience in human resources. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access is needed, as well as experience with ADP.