HR Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a dedicated and motivated HR Administrative Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in administrative support and a strong interest in Human Resources. As an HR Administrative Assistant, you will provide essential support to our HR department and assist managers and leaders with various projects and tasks. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their HR skills while contributing to the overall success of our organization.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the HR department, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, organizing files, and maintaining HR records and databases.
- Perform general administrative tasks (i.e., answer phone, incoming/outgoing faxes, scanning, copying, mailouts, mail distribution, order office supplies, update HR forms, etc.)
- Assist with maintaining both hard and digital copies of employee records and conduct personnel file audits as directed.
- Serve as liaison with other departments to gather content for monthly agency newsletter and quarterly all agency meeting.
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding process (coordinating interviews, conducting background and reference checks, preparing and ensuring completion of onboarding forms, badge issuance, etc.).
- Support HR managers and leaders with ad hoc projects and tasks, such as preparing reports, conducting research, and assisting with special HR initiatives.
- Support HR executives in development and presentation of reports as well as assisting with preparation for board and committee meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of employee training and development programs, including scheduling training sessions, tracking attendance, and managing training materials.
- Collaborate with HR team members to ensure accurate and timely processing of employee data, including new hires, benefits enrollment, terminations, promotions, and employee status changes.
- Maintain and update employee records in compliance with company policies and legal requirements, ensuring confidentiality and data accuracy.
- Support employee relations initiatives by assisting with employee surveys, gathering feedback, and participating in the implementation of employee engagement programs.
- Respond to employee inquiries and provide general HR information, directing complex or sensitive matters to appropriate HR personnel.
- Stay updated on HR policies, procedures, and legal requirements to ensure compliance and provide accurate information to employees.
- Assist in the coordination of HR events and initiatives, such as employee recognition programs, wellness programs, and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an administrative support role, preferably in an HR or related department.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience supporting senior leadership is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for Human Resources and a desire to develop HR skills and knowledge.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field is preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma required.
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to email@example.com for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!