HR Business Partner- Baltimore, Maryland Area
Our client, a leading industrial specialty service provider, is hiring for an HR Business Partner in the Baltimore area. This role supports the Senior Director of Employee Relations in meeting HR vision and goals including “doubling down on people,” delivering best-in-class employee relations services, and meeting customer needs of our employees and manager. This position is responsible for HR support to job sites in multiple states by responding to questions from employees, investigating complaints, performing varied administrative tasks, and support regarding to personnel matters. Duties include:
- Interact with regional Vice-Presidents and Project Managers to achieve company goals.
- Coach Supervision on effective discipline and on investigations leading to termination decisions.
- Coach Supervision on Legal compliance including but not limited to ADAAA, FMLA, Title VII and State Laws as they apply to geographical areas of responsibility.
- Gathers information to support appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Generates employee reports and provides information.
- Receives and investigates, EEOC Claims, employee complaints, payroll issues, questions from jobsites.
- Support HR Director in Corporate HR initiatives and projects on policies, unemployment, compliance and other critical areas.
- Assist with selection, hiring and onboarding of salaried and OH hires.
Successful Candidate Attributes:
- Change Leader – Recognizes changes in the internal and external environment, responds in a timely manner and adapts appropriately to overcome problems. Results are actions that achieve desired outcomes for the company.
- Customer Focused – Helps or serves others to meet their needs. Focusing efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’s needs. “Customers” include external customers and internal colleagues and departments.
- Impact, Influence and Relationship Builder – Relates well to people inside and outside the organization, can settle differences with minimum disruption, can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties in negotiations.
- Integrity and Trust – An open and truthful individual who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes and does not misrepresent him/herself in or beyond the company for personal gain. Participates in a culture where all individuals are treated fairly and with respect.
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – Accurately listens, understands and responds appropriately and effectively when interacting with individuals and groups.
- Disciplined Problem Solver – Uses rigorous logic and methods to improve processes and effectively solve problems. Probes all sources for answers, sees hidden problems; looks for solutions beyond the obvious; thoroughly analyzes situations; and demonstrates disciplined decision-making.
- Self Confidence – Stands up to be counted; accepts personal responsibility; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment. Is tolerant of hierarchical constraints and has the ability to work across boundaries.
A bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or other related field is required, along with at least 7 years experience in HR. Experience working in an Industrial or Manufacturing environment and Union experience is needed as well. Strong computer skills, ability to travel at least 25% of the time, and ability to pass TWIC background check required.