HR Business Partner- South Houston
Our chemicals client located in South Houston is searching for an experience Human Resources Business Partner to join their growing team. Responsibilities include-
- Serves as an advocate for employees and an advisor to both employees and managers.
- Interacts and consults with managers in the planning, approval, and implementation of staffing projections, applicants, assists with and facilitates the design of proactive staffing plans. Works alongside HR recruiting team and assists when needed.
- Assists managers in implementing established human resources policies, procedures, and practices to meet legal requirements while supporting short and long-term business needs.
- Consults with upper level HR leaders regarding policies, guidelines, and procedures when needed and works with HR team to coordinate solutions to issues when needed.
- Serves as point of advice, problem resolution, and facilitation in the areas of employee relations, performance management, and employee discipline; advises both employees and management regarding employee relations policies, procedures, and documentation; researches, identifies, and analyzes specific employee relations concerns and makes appropriate recommendations to management.
- Provides support and problem resolution to departments including, but not limited to, Family Medical Leave and leave policies, compliance with ADA, FLSA, and other related regulations and internal policies.
- Participates in manager meetings and onsite all employee meetings in order to keep informed about each sites and any projects, issues, or changes.
- Works with managers to identify human resources issues/problems and provides leadership and support in finding solutions. Serves as a facilitator/mediator to resolve problems, difficulties and grievances which are presented by individual employees. May manage staff; if so, will be responsible for reviews and assesses performance, builds employee capacity, supports their professional development and enables employees to optimize their contribution to the department
- Works with HR team and site managers on various assignments and projects.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Training Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or in related field required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification, or SPHR strongly preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of HR experience as an HR Manager in chemicals industry or similar environment, required
- Experience in broad talent management practices, including employee relations, workforce planning, succession planning, coaching and facilitation
- Strong business acumen needed
South Houston Opportunity