HR Business Partner- Union
Our South Houston client is seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to join their team!
- Partner with Client Service Account Team and client directly on Strategic HR Solutions.
- Support Client Service Department with Client Needs Assessment and development of Client HR Assessment Plans
- Interpret implications and provides consultative support of Federal, State and Local laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function including, but not limited to, FLSA, ADA, HIPAA, other data privacy rules and regulations, Civil Rights Act of 1964, and FMLA vis a vis client issues and decisions and know when to obtain legal or other advice.
- Consult with clients and offers timely HR solutions that potentially impact business outcomes.
- Coach/consult with client organization leadership and worksite employees on issues including performance, terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination, and other HR services.
- Proactively manage client service plans including HR deliverables; i.e. handbooks, job descriptions, salary surveys, etc.
- Provide resolution to Clients’ employee relations related activities as required.
- Interpret HR policies and procedures; provides recommendations and remedies for Client base
- Maintain current Knowledge of HR Trends and development
- Support Client workplace investigations and Employee Relations Consultation
- Conduct onsite training programs for clients on various topics such as: performance management, harassment, conflict resolution, customer service, etc.
- Assist with HR training and development internally and developing new hire orientation and processes
- Develop a variety of HR deliverables for clients; i.e. handbooks, job descriptions, salary surveys, training programs, etc.
- Recommend, identify, develop and present training courses based on client needs.
- Continuously develops knowledge and skill set in Human Resources. Maintains PHR, PHRCA certification by participating in HRCI credit webinars, job activities.
- Complete with excellence all other duties as assigned
- Maintain a professional and respectful approach with clients and teammates
- Accuracy of work and punctual per any assigned schedule
- Timely completion of all administrative duties for timesheets and expense reports, as applicable
- Partners with all internal departments to help improve client retention
- Fosters an inclusive environment and collaborative approach with teammates
- Always act with integrity, abide by our Code of Ethics, Core Values and employee handbook
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strong HR Generalist or Consultative Knowledge
- 5 years’ experience in Customer service / Client facing
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred or equivalent experience/certification
- PHR required; SPHR preferred
- PHR certified or willing to pursue
- Union experience preferred