HR Business Partner
Our north-Houston client is seeking a sharp and strategic HR Business Partner. The role provides guidance and coaching for effective people management and is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to support leaders across the entire employee life-cycle. This role works to deliver employee engagement tools, talent management, workforce planning and resourcing, organizational effectiveness, change management, and risk mitigation through effective employee and industrial relations. Act as counsel on people related issues, forming robust stakeholder relationships with customers, with a significant amount of influence required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Act as key support to business managers, ensuring delivery of objectives through effective relationships Responsible for day to day P&O decisions, ensuring that support and advice are aligned with both business and functional objectives
- May lead and/or execute the implementation programs across the employee life cycle
- Identify, understand and address areas of risk in area of responsibility through robust people management processes
- Lead complex case management, supported Coordinators and Advisors, Management
- Pro-actively contribute to the business decision making process by providing guidance and advice across all areas of the employee life cycle
- May lead and/or execute the delivery tasks during acquisition and integration activities in area of responsibility
- Coaches and influences managers
- Promotes the talent management process within business area and understands the benefits of such process
- Understand reward methodology and oversees reward decisions for managers served business area
- Gain good understanding of recruitment plan for managers served and takes an active involvement in selection of key and/or strategic roles.
- Act as representative for the company at appropriate industry, client, trade union events/forums.
- Support development and succession opportunities
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of metrics and robust analysis and recommendations in support of business decisions
- Advise and influence the business in the way they plan, lead and manage change and its impact on people and working practices
- Support employee communication and engagement
- Support the creation of an organizational culture which fosters innovation and collaboration, continuous improvement and change
- Assure quality on all aspects of delivery, proactively seeking and addressing customer feedback
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the group’s standards and policies
Degree in HR or business management preferred along with a minimum of 8 years of HR experience, with some experience in the O&G industry preferred. This is a business-focused HR role in a dynamic organization requiring experience in managing change, including working cooperatively in business partnership. Knowledge of people practices and applicable legislative frameworks, as well as experience of dealing with industrial and employee relations issues is needed. If you’re a strategic HR professional with experience in the oil and gas space, this could be an ideal fit for you.