The HR Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the administration of benefits, new hires and maintaining the Human Resource Information System (HRIS), and providing administrative HR support to managers, employees and new hires. Ensures personnel and payroll actions, benefit enrollments and system updates are processed in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining system integrity.
- Oversees the administration of benefits
- Coordinates and assists with pre-employment screening process; interfaces with hiring managers and candidates.
- Assists district management with new hire onboarding process; ensures employees are enrolled in benefits programs and are provided with company policies and programs.
- Enters employee information into HRIS, including new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and pay increases.
- Establishes new deductions, earnings codes, locations and departments as required.
- Processes hourly employees’ time and attendance/paid time off in HRIS, ensuring timecards and hours are properly paid.
- Resolves issues regarding benefit setup, electronic file feeds, and assesses functionality enhancements for the HRIS.
- Assists managers and employees with questions and problems related to payroll and benefits
- Prepares reports to meet management and business needs, and serves as a liaison for internal customers’ troubleshooting and enhancement requests.
- Maintains integrity of payroll, benefits and employee data by conducting and assisting with audits to ensure accuracy.
- Completes verifications of employment.
- Coordinates with each location to maintain accurate payroll, benefits and general employee records.
- Performs other benefits and administrative HR duties as required.
- Experience on boarding new hires
- High school diploma or equivalent required/ Bachelors preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in Human Resources
Location: Tampa, Florida