HR Director- Americas
The Senior Director, People and Culture, will promote and embody the company’s purpose and core values while ensuring People and Culture programs help create exceptional and meaningful experiences for our employees at every stage in the employee lifecycle. This position will partner closely with the Chief People Officer – Americas, in developing and implementing people programs that support the enterprise People & Culture strategy in the Americas.
Senior Director, People and Culture will partner with People and Culture leaders throughout the Americas Region (US & South America) to ensure consistency in delivery of people programs and that best practices are leveraged throughout the Region. Additionally, this Senior Director will be a liaison representing the Americas region to People & Culture leaders in home office to contribute to the creation and execution of the frictionless delivery of people programs for the Region.
The Senior Director, People and Culture will also partner with business leaders at various levels to provide ongoing human resources and people management support, advice and consultative services that enable leaders to make informed business decisions that have people and culture implications. This leader will be involved in creating and executing project plans that support strategies for many disciplines, including: recruitment, performance management, talent development, succession planning, learning & development, employee engagement, diversity inclusion and belonging, employee relations, compensation & benefits, and change management.
Partner with functional leaders to:
- Understand business environment, strategy & people implications
- Build internal capability
- Build diverse & high performing teams
- Drive employee engagement
- Drive & facilitate change
- Implement / execute people programs / processes
- Champion performance & talent management strategies
Talent Management and Development
- Support the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of recruitment and talent management practices to support Four Seasons’ vision and strategic and operational objectives.
- Support the development and delivery of annual programs such as leadership development, succession management, learning and development and performance management. Delivery includes identifying areas of improvement, collaborating with partners, proposing recommendations, communications/training to support and evaluation.
- Ensure leaders are providing appropriate recognition, coaching and mentoring to build their team and consult on management of below expectations performance as necessary.
- Understand talent needs and issues for the region, and work with leaders to create plans to attract and retain diverse talent and mitigate risk
- Support and guide the performance management process for the region
Employee Experience and Engagement
- Work with VP, People and Culture and functional leads to define employee engagement goals and strategies to drive increased engagement in the region
- Proactively identify issues that impact engagement and develop plan to mitigate risks
- Define tactics that positively impact organizational culture and help correct derailing behaviors or practices
- Ensure people programs are build and executed flawlessly to ensure a frictionless employee experience
Coaching / Consulting/ Change Management
- Provide communication and change management expertise on business initiatives
- Roll out People & Culture Center of Excellence (COE) initiatives in the region
Liaise between Business and People
- Act as subject matter expert when working on development of People & Culture processes and projects
- Implement and keep Region specific People & Culture policies and processes relevant
- Interpret global solutions for region
- Communicate global People & Culture briefings to regional P&C and functional leads – e.g. values or changes in People & Culture policies/programs
- Provide feedback to People & Culture Officer on level of service provided and make suggestions for improvements
- Recommend new approaches, policies, procedures to effect continual improvement in the efficiency of the People and Culture functions
Governance and Metrics
- Ensure adherence to compliance programs with all local, provisional, state and federal laws for regional locations.
- Partner with People Officer and partners to build and manage a dashboard of relevant people metrics
- Recommend new approaches, policies, procedures to effect continual improvement in the efficiency of the People and Culture department and services performed
Key requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- SHRM-CP an asset
- 7-9 years + of progressively more senior and complex HR operations experience, specifically providing a broad range of Human Resources support to various levels of employees including senior leadership
- HR/business partner generalist experience
- Proven experience in driving cultural change and improvement in employee engagement
- Talent Management (acquisition, retention, succession, performance management, development)
- Matrix based organization
- Experience with US and Latin America
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!