Our North Houston chemicals client is seeking an influential HR Director who will bring strategy and insight to the department, as well as administer and communicate HR policies and programs. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the HR department services delivered directly or indirectly are necessary, cost effective and in support of the business plan.
- May lead the human resources planning effort within the customer groups to ensure that there are adequate numbers of trained staff to accomplish business objectives and that appropriate HR systems are in place to select, reward, train and motivate staff. Encourages progressive management and leadership characteristics and empowered staff by providing needed tools.
- Develop an effective partnership with line business clients through consultation on HR strategic and operational issues as related to the business plan.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws that impact HR; responds to government and employee inquiries or complaints, coordinates their resolution.
- In conjunction with other HR staff, participates in the development of necessary policies and practices to ensure that they are consistent with overall corporate direction and in support of customer group plans.
- Consults on organizations effectiveness to include re-engineering, management/employee development, workflow efficiencies and organizational change.
- Assists management with cultural change issues.
- Provide advice and guidance on employee relations’ issues, progressive discipline and documentation requirements to management.
- Develop interventions (proactive and reactive) that support employee relations and organizational effectiveness. Drives organizational metabolism.
- Provide consultative support in the development and administration of Affirmative Action Programs, responding to discrimination complaints or charges, and coordinates their resolution.
- In partnership with HR RVP/Lead Generalist and Employee Relations Representative track and assess employee relations activity in Region or assigned territory. Develop action plans as necessary to address trends/issues.
- 10+ years of professional experience working in HR is required; 5+ years of managing HR professionals, is highly desired.
- Professional experience in all aspects of human resources including EEO, ADA, HIPPA, FLSA, and FMLA compliance, position classification, compensation, recruitment and selection, employee relations, development and implementation of policies and procedures, and leading professional development, is required.
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships in a geographically diverse organization with autonomous, membership-based operating units.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, are required.
- Ability to successfully manage high-priority projects with competing deadlines, which supports planning, coordination, and implementation of programs and services across departmental and cross-domain boundaries through shared organizational learning.
- Excellent proficiency with technology and software such as the Microsoft Office Suite (Word-OutIook-ExceI-PowerPoint) Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Zoom, and Teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college of university in areas such as human resources, business management, education, psychology, or similar related field is required.
- A master’s degree or professional certification in human resources, labor relations, business administration, public administration, or a related field is desired.
- SHRM certification is desired.
Additional desired experience:
- Prior professional O&G environment is highly desired or related industry experienced preferred.
- Prior management of health, dental, vision, EAP, long-term disability, and 401k retirement benefits.
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!