- Partners with employees and management to develop, administer and communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Handles employee relations issues; conducts investigations into employee complaints/concerns and performs disciplinary actions as needed; counsels employees on behavior/corrective action; provides assistance and coaching to supervisors on employee development and disciplinary procedures; facilitates communication between employees and their supervisors and/or members of management.
- Works with Site Director(s) to evaluate, approve, and process employee separations; seeks further legal and HR advice and/or approval when necessary; assists supervisors and managers with and/or conducts separation meetings; ensures exiting employees are transitioned appropriately out of the work environment creating as little disruption as possible.
- Partners with Recruiting and Training teams to ensure smooth and efficient transition of newly hired and/or newly trained employees into the site.
- Participates in developing department goals and objectives; recommends new approaches, policies and procedures; works to automate and/or streamline all HR processes; continually evaluates process, policies and procedures to keep up with changing regulatory and legal HR environment.
- Processes employee paperwork and enters data into and maintains HRIS records; generates reports.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning company employment practices.
- Responsible for ensuring that all client specific training requirements, FDCPA certifications, and other company required annual training are up to date for their individual sites on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for partnering with Supervisors, HR Manager, and Payroll to ensure that the site is in compliance as it relates to client expectations, state and federal laws.
- Prepares workers’ compensation reports of injury; files appropriate paperwork and coordinates claims with carrier; assists in any back-to-work and/or safety evaluations; prepares and posts OSHA log as required; acts as Safety Officer for the Site.
- Responds to initial requests for information for unemployment benefits; represents the company at unemployment claims hearings.
- Prepares appropriate documentation for, coordinates and conducts new hire and benefits orientation meetings; facilitates participation in 401(k) meetings, ensuring maximum employee participation goals are met; prepares and processes relevant employee enrollment forms; enters into appropriate HRIS and carrier online systems.
- Compiles necessary information for and coordinates any response to EEOC or other agency investigations; seeks appropriate level of internal legal and HR assistance, review and approval.
- Responsible for production, maintenance, scanning and destruction (appropriate) of all personnel files; coordinates employee request for access to the personnel file; coordinates and provides data as required per subpoena or other bona fide requests.
- Processes employment verifications in accordance with company policy.
- Administers Site and Departmental projects as assigned which may include Employee Recognition Programs, newsletter, Employee Discount Program such as fitness, banking programs and local restaurant discounts
- Provides backup to other sites and answers HR hotline as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies – Position Specific:
- Communication-Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all levels of employees and management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manages diversity-deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages, and both sexes
- Managing and Measuring Work-monitors process, progress and results
- Organizing-can marshal resources to get things done
- Problem solving-uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Process Management-good at figuring out the processes necessary to get the job done
Technical and/or Functional Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of fundamental HR standards and concepts
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelors’ degree; PHR or HR Certificate desired
- Three to Five years previous HR experience, and/or a combination of equivalent education and job experience