Our industrial client is seeking an HR Generalist in the Midland and Odessa area. This role will provide consultative support for employees and managers within the organization, as the subject matter expert, on HR policies, guidelines and practices. You will be responsible for performing full employment life-cycle related duties, with an emphasis on employee relations matters, while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality. This role also requires travel up to 30%, so flexibility is needed.
Primary responsibilities are below, but are not limited to-
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources initiatives, policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Assist and investigate employee inquiries and resolve conflicts and/or concerns.
- Responsible for end to end process and resolution of investigations, corrective actions, performance management, management counsel, dispute resolution, and general employee relations support.
- Assist management with exit interviews, analyze data and confer with HR Manager to provide recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Respond and/or facilitate information exchange with the appropriate Legal Representatives to all EEOC charges and contested unemployment.
- Partner with Recruiting and Managers to assist in new hire onboarding and terminations.
- Enter new hires, terminations and personnel changes into Workday HR information system.
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation, in conjunction with managers, to complete I-9s, benefit enrollment, and on-board new employees.
- Assist with Workday HR information system end-user system testing/projects, as assigned.
- Assist HR Manager and/or HR Director with research and/or special projects.
A bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the HR field. Your HRCI of SHRM certification is preferred, along with prior experience using HRIS database. Other soft skills needed for this position is strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and the ability to research and analyze various types of data sets.