Our client is seeking an experienced HR Generalist with a strong background in the oil & gas, manufacturing, or production industry to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of HR, including payroll processing, benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, training and development, and more. This role requires expertise in UKG, UltiPro, or Kronos software and a high level of tech-savviness to analyze data and generate reports. The HR Generalist will be responsible for communicating effectively across all levels of the organization, tailoring their communication to suit different audiences, from the C-suite to field workers. This position may require occasional travel across Texas, approximately 2-3 times a month.
Location: Energy Corridor, Houston TX
Work Model: Onsite
- Manage and oversee day-to-day HR operations, ensuring compliance with company policies and legal regulations.
- Handle employee record-keeping, documentation, and data management.
- Utilize HR software (UKG, UltiPro, or Kronos) for efficient HR tasks and reporting.
- Process payroll and maintain accurate payroll records.
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Lead recruitment efforts, including job posting, candidate screening, interviews, and offer letters.
- Coordinate onboarding processes to ensure a smooth transition for new employees.
- Act as a point of contact for employee inquiries and concerns, providing guidance and conflict resolution.
- Foster a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
- Identify training needs and design development programs to enhance employee skills.
- Implement training initiatives that align with company goals.
- Utilize HR software and other tools to gather and analyze data, generating insights for decision-making and strategy.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, adapting the message to suit the audience’s needs, whether it’s C-suite executives or field workers.
- Stay up-to-date with US, state and local employment laws and industry-specific regulations.
- Ensure HR practices and policies are compliant with local and national laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred – an associates required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience as an HR Generalist, with a focus on the oil & gas, manufacturing, or production industry.
- Proficiency with HR software, specifically UKG, UltiPro, or Kronos.
- Tech-savvy with advanced skills in data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in payroll processing, benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, and training and development.
- Willingness to travel approximately 2-3 times per month across Texas.
- Professional HR certification (e.g., SHRM-CP, PHR) is a plus.