We are seeking a highly skilled HR Generalist with onshore or offshore oil & gas industry experience to join our client’s team in Central Houston. This is an onsite role operating on a 9/80 schedule, with the flexibility to work from home on Fridays. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background in all aspects of HR, including benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, training and development, employee lifecycle management, HR compliance and reporting, policy and procedure creation, and more. This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of HR experience. Effective communication at all organizational levels and the ability to tailor messages for diverse audiences are essential. Periodic travel to the Louisiana office is expected.
- Employee Relations: Act as a primary point of contact for employee inquiries and concerns.
- Provide guidance and support for conflict resolution and employee-related issues.
- Recruitment: Lead recruitment efforts, including job postings, candidate screening, interviews, and onboarding processes. Collaborate with hiring managers to understand staffing needs and ensure timely fulfillment.
- Benefit Administration: Administer employee benefit programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other perks. Address employee inquiries related to benefits and support open enrollment processes.
- Training and Development: Identify training needs and coordinate development programs to enhance employee skills. Implement training initiatives aligned with company objectives.
- Employee Lifecycle Management: Manage the end-to-end employee lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding. Ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- HR Compliance and Reporting: Stay informed on HR laws and regulations, ensuring company compliance. Generate reports and analytics to support decision-making and compliance requirements.
- Policy and Procedure Creation: Develop and update HR policies and procedures in accordance with industry standards and legal requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience, with a focus on the onshore or offshore oil & gas industry.
- Knowledge of HR laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems.
Position Type: Full-time, Onsite (9/80 Schedule with Remote Fridays)