HR Generalist- Houston & Austin
Our client is seeking an experience HR Generalist to manage all necessary documentation workflows, oversee all HR systems lifecycles, and HR tasks. Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensures all Company HR related policies are applied consistently.
- Objectively coaches associates and management through complex and difficult issues. Provides guidance to management on appropriate disciplinary action. Assists with on-site investigations.
- Oversees process for hourly recruitment and onboarding.
- Maintains and coordinates associate recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Regularly runs and/or reviews HR activity reports.
- Supports internal customer survey and associate engagement survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Attends department manager meetings to increase HR visibility, conducts classroom training, provides assistance and implements HR initiatives.
- Reviews any request for pay increases or other status changes to ensure internal equity and consistency. Processes status change forms.
- Prepares, coordinates and presents HR related topics and other HR related training.
- Acts as the diversity champion by leading assigned tasks and corporate diversity activities including diversity recruiting, retention and promotion goals.
- Assists in the creation of Personal Development Plans, as appropriate, for associates.
- Participates in the Annual Performance Appraisal process.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR designation strongly preferred.
- Solid experience in conducting investigations and managing conflict.
- Three plus years human resources generalist experience required; management experience a plus.
- HR experience at a large, multi-unit organization required.
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced skills preferred.
- Content-knowledge regarding employment law, policies, procedures, and programs
- Experience in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Strong presentation skills required.