HR Generalist- Houston,TX & Tampa, FL
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is just as comfortable working autonomously as with a team. This candidate should be corporate culture-focused, bringing enthusiasm to the office and offering up new ideas and programs. The candidate will be expected to perform the following responsibilities:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers questions about HR policies and programs covering several or all of the following: recruiting, compensation and benefits, training, employee and labor relations, safety and personnel research.
- Conducts the analysis of employment-related data and prepares required reports.
- Assists in administering performance reviews for company employees and thoroughly documents the entire process.
- Conducts various on-boarding and off-boarding activities
- Compiles raw data into usable reports to assist with reporting needs of the HR team
- Answers general questions from employees
- Acts on behalf of Director of Human Resources in their absence
- Exercises professionalism, and displays strong knowledge as he or she answers basic company inquiries
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES:
1. 3-7 years’of Human Resources Generalist experience and 1 yr. of Employee Relations in a fast paced team environment with strong attention to detail.
2. Solid understanding of federal and state employment regulations.
3. Working knowledge of office processes.
4. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
5.Industry experience preferred- Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, or Construction