HR Generalist- Los Angeles
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage cyclical projects including, but not limited to annual performance appraisal process, birthday lists, turnover reports, monthly staff meeting and OSHA reporting.
- Maintain department tracking spreadsheets as requested.
- Create/update all job descriptions and/or job postings.
- Post all classified advertisements for recruitment purposes.
- Review all applications/resumes for job openings and forward to the appropriate hiring manager.
- Assist managers with setting up interviews for specific job openings.
- Complete all background checks for potential hires and monitor results to ensure company standards for employment eligibility are met.
- Conduct new hire orientations, audit new hire paperwork; follow up with employee for any missing documents and regarding other new hire action items including, but not limited to payroll, IT, etc.
- Enter all new hire information into various databases and create name badge.
- Conduct benefit meetings for all newly eligible employees and act as an on-going resource.
- Act as a resource to employees during benefit enrollment.
- Act as a liaison between employees and benefit broker as appropriated for policy specific questions, claims related issues, etc.
- Process all termination paperwork and submit to payroll for processing.
- Create and maintain personnel files (including filing of documents) to the HR department standards and in compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Act as a resource to employees regarding policies, procedures, and benefits.
- Develop and present monthly safety topic presentation; conduct safety checks in the shelter and annex.
- Create department/company memos and announcements.
- Monitor and update all bulletin board communication information.
- Responsible for all injury reports and ensuring the first report of injury is sent to insurance company for payment processing.
- Act as project lead for ad hoc Human Resources projects.
- Protect all confidential information, including clients, donors, animals and internal communications.
- Represent the by providing excellent customer service and focus.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management plus a minimum of 2 years HR experience; or equivalent education and experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, customer service and conflict management skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office programs
- High level of dependability, confidentiality and customer service mindset
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced and multi-tasking environment