HR Generalist- San Marcos
This position will provide support on a broad range of human resources services in partnership with business objectives and human resource initiatives. You will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Provides a wide range of human resource services to an assigned business unit in support of the unit’s business objectives, strategic goals, and human resource initiatives.
- Performs diverse assignments covering a broad area of HR functions (i.e. employee/labor relations, staffing, compensation management, affirmative action, organization development, and training).
- Serves as the business unit’s primary interface between managers, employees, outside agencies and others concerning HR related issues.
- Interprets and executes corporate policies and practices across the work-force to ensure consistent and equitable treatment.
- Assists with defining short/long term HR initiatives in support of business unit’s strategic objectives.
- Participates in identifying and developing employee skills to support business needs, counsels and coaches employees, supervisors, and senior management in addressing interpersonal and behavioral challenges.
- Serves as the investigative resource, coordinating with legal counsel, on issues pertaining to employment charges or litigation.
- Conducts training sessions on various subject areas (performance management, discipline, ethics).
- Prepares reports to ensure conformance with legislated requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Be the Face of HR to bring the desired employee experience to life by partnering with HR Leaders, CoEs, and HR Partners on people practices and process execution.
- Instill company philosophy, culture, and core values.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management or a related field
- 7+ years hands-on experience as an HR Generalist,
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Experience with EEO / harassment investigations and general workplace complaint resolution
- Self-confidence, excellent communication skills, and the ability to act independently
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills required and HRIS experience a plus
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Empathy and ability to relate to diverse personalities with keen awareness of diversity and inclusion. Tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Leadership capabilities – positive outlook, supervisory experience, sets and maintains high standards, works collaboratively with teams.
- Presence – ability to represent the company, be a credible source of information and influence understanding and positive outcomes.
- Change management – demonstrated ability to lead and manage change, self-confidence to present policy/procedure changes to the manager and employee population
- Integrity – act with integrity and in accordance with company Code of Conduct and Core values. Ability to confront behavior not consistent with company values. Honors commitments and follows through to completion.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills – decisions that reflect thorough evaluation of needs, goals, etc., demonstrated ability to make recommendations and decisions
- Result focused – demonstrated ability to close issues, personal accountability for results, able to manage priorities to ensure nothing is dropped.