HR Generalist- South Houston
- Provides HR partnership, for both strategic and tactical initiatives, day to day HR support and execution of strategies for assigned client groups.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, Human Resource Information Services [HRIS]).
- Provides advice and in-depth knowledge of legal requirements to managers related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance on practices, policy and employment law. Partner with legal advisors as needed/required.
- Partners with senior level Human Resources Business Partner for escalated issue resolution, effectively handling all employee relations issues in assigned business groups by apply HR best practices for performance management and mitigating potential risk.
- Schedules and meets on a regular basis with business unit leaders and employees to identify strengths and areas for improvement in organizational culture and climate. Works with business unit leaders to define, develop and implement action plans for improvement.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective internal investigations relating to sexual harassment claims, discrimination, and any other claims of unlawful/unethical treatment.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentations of employee counseling/investigations
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with other HR functional groups to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation to all employees.
- Provides updates and edits the HR Policies.
- Provides direction on employee relations administrative activities and monitors completion.
- Partners with other HR specialty functions (Compensation, Talent acquisition, Learning & Development) acting as a point of contact and liaison with clients to deliver full HR services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources, Psychology, or a related field or five or more years’ experience of hands on, Employee Relations consulting and Human Resources
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities (investigations and projects) for multiple business units in a corporate environment. Thorough knowledge of conducting workplace investigations.
Position located in South Houston