Our client is seeking an experience HR Generalist to join their Houston team! You will be responsible to assisting employees with a variety of needs, implementing processes and procedures, and any other employee relation needs. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide routine advisement to managers on employee relations issues of low to moderate complexity. Field initial employee concerns and works towards resolution, consulting with other HR colleagues on conflict resolution of a more complex nature.
- Contribute towards improving department score for turnover/retention/employee engagement, using peer-to-peer accountability.
- Communicate and works collaboratively regularly with HR specialty groups (i.e., Payroll, Benefits, etc.) to ensure consistency of information.
- Assist management with assessment of performance improvement needs and the development of associated action plans.
- Implement people strategies in collaboration with human resources specialists, HR management, and operations leadership to support business objectives.
- Participate in client activities to build knowledge of the operational objectives and the culture of assigned workgroups. Attend client department meetings to give HR updates and receive updates on operational changes.
- Assist with workforce planning activities, such as working with client groups to identify staffing challenges. Supports recruitment initiatives as directed.
- Assist with education sessions for employees and leadership, such as new employee orientation. May deliver presentations on basic topics to employees and/or managers.
- Interpret human resources policy and procedures to employees and managers. Make recommendations to colleagues, human resources specialists, and management on identified opportunities for policy, procedure, and process improvement.
- Conduct investigations under general supervision for employee complaints, disputes, or concerns. Document all related issues with guidance from HR management, and maintains appropriate records.
- Conduct data collection activities; generate and provide basic analysis to reports; and assist client groups with improvements to respective HR metrics.
- Educate management on compensation policy and recommendations to gain acceptance and understanding. Assist management in the decision making process of salary adjustments and salary discrepancies and assists in the job evaluation process.
- Participate in change management initiatives as instructed or required for client group.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of human resources or related experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- PHR, HRCI, or SHRM-CP, OR SHRM preferred
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to email@example.com for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!