HR Leader of North America
Our client, a global testing, inspection, and certification company, is seeking a Human Resources Leader for North America. This role works in collaboration with the Americas Executive Vice President and the Global Human Resources function to set direction, strategy, and execution for HR functions for nearly 600 employees within several business units and locations. Team includes direct reports for recruiting, benefits, generalists, and HR admins. Duties include:
- Provide expertise to the entire North American business leadership in order to help develop strategies, policies and guidelines for the region
- Create trusted service partnerships with the leadership to design and implement HR solutions in line with business objectives and the company strategic plan
- Manage activities of a regional and global HR function by appropriately delegating activities and decisions to HR and regional managers and leaders, ensuring timely support and responsiveness to the business units and other functions.
- Extensive recruitment planning and execution to support the growth of the Americas region
- Implement and manage change activities, high-impact initiatives, and HR-related special projects for the region in a prioritized fashion and aligned with global strategy deployment. Leverage where possible best practices and key resources from other regions.
- Use employee insights and feedback to guide business strategies and actions that result in a high level of employee commitment and engagement. Help drive front line leader coaching and engagement of employees.
- Ensure business units adhere to policies, procedures and employment-related laws throughout the employment process to mitigate legal liability
- Serve as a trusted confidant and coach to senior leaders as needed
- Manage performance, compensation, and succession planning for the region
- Leads a team of 6+ by example and set the standards for excellence in Human Resources.
Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred, with a Master’s highly desired, or equivalent work experience. GDBP, SPHR, or PHR strongly preferred, along with 10+ years’ of HR experience. Previous success working with proactive, high-energy leadership is needed to spearhead HR efforts in the region. Heavy travel initially (at least 50%) regionally and globally but it will lessen as relationships are built. If you are an HR leader looking for a dynamic, expansive role, this could be a great fit for you.