Drive functional excellence for all aspects of human resources for our client. Act as a strategic business partner by leading people management initiatives, process improvement, policy and legal compliance, and provide support to leaders that align with business goals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with all levels within the company, including routine updates to the General Manager regarding relevant HR matters.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the human resource and talent strategy as it relates to people management, including but not limited to workforce planning, employee retention and engagement, management coaching, performance and change management.
- Liaise with finance and accounting on HR related matters that have a financial impact to business.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other employees when complex, specialized, and sensitive issues arise such as investigating complaints and allegations, recommendations for corrective actions and terminations.
- Monitor employee engagement to ensure high level of productivity. Plan activities that create a positive impact such as employee events, rewards and incentives.
- Promote learning and development initiatives that support the company’s Talent Framework and provide competence improvement opportunities for employees and leaders.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws regulations and reporting, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Apply creativity and daily problem solving by providing insight and advice to maximize results and produce positive outcomes.
- Manage the compensation structure and incentive pay plan to ensure equitable and competitive pay leveling for current and potential employees. Through processes such as salary planning and annual reviews, integrate market data and other factors to ensure consistent evaluation of key job attributes, FLSA law and pay equality. Manage payroll submissions by adhering to deadlines for hourly paid employees and other pay status changes.
- Maintain data necessary for monthly and quarterly people management reporting including but not limited to headcount evolution, sick leave and other key performance indicators relevant to the organization.
- Participate in management, company and various HR meetings relevant to people management.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of U.S. labor laws, regulations and immigration changes by remaining current on best practices, regulatory updates, new technologies in human resources and talent management.
- Responsible for Talent Acquisition
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent education combined with work experience in the field of Human Resources. HRCI or SHRM certification highly desired.
Minimum 5 to 7 years of successful HR experience in a leadership role. Proven track of functional and strategic management of Human Resources. Prior experience working in a matrix or decentralized organization is a plus.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND BEHAVIORS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Solid analytical skills and aptitude for problem-solving;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of adaptability and responsiveness;
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality;
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Proficient with HRIS and talent management systems;
- Must be a team player, team contributor and have the tenacity to embrace challenges;
- Ability to travel for special projects or meetings.