HR Manager- Bilingual
We are seeking a motivated HR professional to start a HR Department for our manufacturing client. This position will be based out of the corporate office in the Intercontinental (IAH) Area . The HR Manager provides professional level duties and will be heavily focused on continuous improvement initiatives, employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, and compliance.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
- Develop and implement HR solutions and best practices for business leaders to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Recruit highly qualified talent through partnering with hiring managers, sourcing candidates, applying interview techniques, and managing the selection process.
- Manage all aspects of employee relations, including; communications, legal / regulatory compliance, reward programs, employee activities, and policy development.
- Foster collaborative relationships through open and appropriate communication strategies, addressing behavioral issues and investigating complaints and follow through to resolution
- Oversee several web based systems, including; applicant tracking, performance management, salary planning and HRIS to ensure accurate and timely data and useful reporting capabilities
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives setting the example as a change agent.
- Manage the performance management and salary planning process, providing regular training, coaching, compiling of salary survey data, and timely administration.
- Provide career development guidance to all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with other HR professionals within the organization, supporting corporate projects and initiatives.
- Administration of all U.S. leave programs (FMLA, STD, LTD, etc.)
- Ensure all data for headcount, organization charts, etc. is maintained and is cross-referenced for consistency on a monthly or other required basis.
- Other duties as required
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative support in an HR department with two or more people.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- SHRM-CP/PHR certification preferred.
- Bilingual highly preferred
- Manufacturing environment experience preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills: written, oral, and inter-personal.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, handling frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and employ effective time management skills.
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working with HRIS performance management software platforms preferred
- Ability to handle very sensitive information in a discreet, confidential manner.
- Ability to assist and receive direction from multiple people.