HR Manager- Houston
- Supervises and trains HRBP staff
- Provides overall leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, including writing and strategically placing job descriptions and ads, candidate due diligence, and supporting hiring managers throughout the interview, offer, and onboarding process.
- Develops initiatives, policies and programs to complement existing practices and creates consistency across the organization
- Supports employee career development, succession planning, retention programs, training and leadership development in partnership with leadership
- Works with senior leadership and staff to ensure Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion values, principles, and goals are incorporated throughout the HR department’s activities
- Effectively addresses employee relations and engagement issues. May provide coaching and counseling to resolve conflicts.
- Regularly identifies trends in employee data and feedback and makes solution-focused recommendations.
- Drives performance management process; monitors performance evaluation programs; recommends changes and/or improvements and leads training and related communications and discussions
- Identifies staff training needs and opportunities for staff development, and procures appropriate training and development resources
- Maintains compliance with federal, multi-state and local laws.
- Conducts annual benefits reviews
- Five to seven years of experience as an HR Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field; HR Certification (SHRM or PHR) preferred
- Demonstrated understanding, acceptance, and integration of equity, inclusion and diversity principles across race, ethnicity, gender, experience, cultural identity, neurodiversity, religious affiliation, etc.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, in terms of understanding their own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Experience managing employee relations, recruiting, and performance development preferred (nonprofit experience in these areas a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with HR practices and principles; understanding of applicable state and Federal law; experience working in a multi-state environment
- Must have highly effective interpersonal and written communication and organizational skills demonstrated by a positive attitude and interest in providing exceptional customer service to all of our on- and off-site staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Proven ability to make connections with staff, establish trust, and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates effective use of active listening and questioning skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts