- Resolves complex and broad employee relations problems or issues related to traditional employee relations matters with a focus on the employee experience and a positive business outcome; collaborates with Legal and business unit leadership as necessary.
- Provides input on new and revised policies interprets various HR plans programs policies and procedures for employees and provides advice and recommendations to business unit management.
- Provides independent leadership to the business unit by designing and implementing human capital solutions to business challenges and analyzes the impact on financial performance.
- Collaborates with HR and business unit leadership to develop and implement tactical and strategic plans to support business objectives.
- Partners with business leaders on the development and implementation of initiatives that create an engaged work force.
- Partners with leadership in the performance management salary planning and talent management processes by creating and analyzing reports for HR leadership assisting in training and other duties.
- Identifies the need for and facilitates learning and development opportunities.
- Recruits screens and interviews internal or external candidates for vacant positions and conducts new employee orientation.
- Collaborates across business units on complex HR special projects and may serve as a mentor and evaluator of lower level staff.
- Maintains confidential employee data or files and prepares and/or analyzes complex reports related to workforce planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related discipline required
- At least 5+ of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution. Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of human resources activities, both operations and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment on multiple assigned tasks/projects and complete assignments within specified deadlines.
- Past experience developing policies and procedures (preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function independently within a broad scope of guidelines and established policies and goals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentially.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledgeable with human resources laws and federal/state compliance requirements.
- Computer and Internet literacy; specifically with MS office applications