HRIS Specialist- Austin
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Solutions Specialist is an integral part of the HR team, and provides support to the Human Resources operations and functional organizations in the area of system requirements within the Workday platform. This role will be a subject matter expert for the various modules within Workday. This role will be responsible for configuration in Workday, user communications, producing reports and analytics, providing project leadership, testing of changes and updates as well as coordinating data reviews, as applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports HR team and other teams as applicable with configuration changes in Workday.
- Recommends process changes; and innovative solutions to improve user experience and customer service; may take lead on Workday product changes.
- Partners with configuration resources at Workday and third-party consulting firms by initiating cases, testing changes in sandbox, reviewing business process changes, and approving for production, etc.
- Communicate cases and project status with users, and ensure timely response and resolution of all issues.
- Develop /create standard or custom reports. Work with Subject Matter Experts to create custom reports and various dashboards.
- Responsible for the maintenance and ongoing administration of the Human Resources Information System to support short-term and long- term goals.
- Maintains data integrity in the HRIS, regularly coordinates data audits, system implementations, upgrades, modifications and clean-up efforts.
- Develops and distributes communications to users regarding instructions, system outages and other changes.
- Successfully completes requests for data correction, organization moves, position updates; as well as any other Workday related requests.
- Trains new HR team users on Workday functionality (including system security, user access and system changes) by creating and utilizing job aids and various documents.
- Identifies and creates Workday user job aids as needed for employees.
- Manages required Workday updates, enhancements, testing, validation and overall performance of the system.
- Reviews HR integration error reports and troubleshoots findings.
- Review documentation of semi-annual releases and test system accordingly. (Communicate changes, as needed.).
- Partners with HR leaders to develop Workday enabled solutions by providing functional and technical requirements, implementing solutions and coordinate or lead projects as needed.
- Assume the role of Workday System Administrator to include but not limited to adding, changing and deleting, user ID’s, passwords, role-based permissions, etc.
- Actively participate in Workday local user groups, and other Workday related groups
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong desire for data quality, a clear understanding of business processes and requests completed accurately and timely.
- Exceptional attention to detail resulting in work with a high level of accuracy.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects successfully.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Customer focused with strong communication skills.
- Creative and able to find successful business solutions for Workday system users.
- Must be able to complete projects and task with minimal supervision.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least five-to-seven years of related experience and a four-year college degree preferred; in Information Technology or Human Resources.
- Experience required in Workday “Human Capital Management” (HCM) reporting and configuration.
- Advanced Workday training in HCM, reporting, business process and security highly desired.
- Workday certification preferred (i.e., Core HCM, Reporting, Payroll, etc.).
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced corporate environment.