Lead Compensation Analyst
A Downtown Houston Energy company is seeking a Lead Compensation Analyst to design, implement and administer employee broad-based compensation programs and assist with executive compensation programs, including long-term incentive and deferred compensation plans. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Develops, implements, administers compensation and incentive policy, procedures, practices, and programs.
- Provides guidance and consultation to HR Business Partners regarding compensation and incentive policy, practices and procedures.
- Assists in the development of Total Rewards training materials, for use in virtual platforms such as webinar applications. Assists in presentation delivery.
- Coaches, trains and assists team members by sharing knowledge and experience when opportunities arise.
- Develops reports to evaluate compensation programs, using metrics such as dashboard analytics.
- Conducts market surveys to determine compensation trends; applies job evaluation techniques to determine internal job value. Engages in equity studies.
- Serves as project resource on special assignments. Assists with development of methodologies, procedures and analytics to complete projects. Assists other consultants and project management teams as assigned.
Systems & Process Application Improvements:
- Coordinates, advances, and coaches continuous improvement enhancements for automated processes, in conjunction with other compensation and HR community stakeholders. Key is streamlining processes such that HR community users are comfortable in advising managers for self-service and pulling compensation-related reports.
- Partners with other analysts in the identification and implementation of process enhancements and developing new applications for compensation systems and tools.
- Governance: Applies, assesses and interprets program metrics regarding adherence to standards such as policies, practices, and regulations to determine risk for non-compliance.
- Assesses impacts of compensation changes as they affect budget. May recommend options regarding program costs, including alternative approaches.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent relevant education and/or experience required. CCP certification or progress toward CCP is desirable but not required.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years HR, Compensation and data manipulation and analysis experience required. Must be able to conduct compensation research and analysis in database, spreadsheet and compensation software packages.
- Skills and Abilities: Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills; ability to interface with all levels within the organization and external partners. Ability to work independently. Strong analytical and quantitative skills for financial modeling, incentive plan design, market benchmarking and job evaluation. Strong attention to detail & accuracy. Ability to prioritize and multi-task and not miss a deadline. Proven ability to present information verbally and visually to groups of various sizes required. Experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced formula development, pivot table design, graphs, charts, etc.) Experience with Workday and Market Pay preferred but not required.