Payroll, Benefits, and HRIS Specialist
Our client is seeking an experienced Payroll, Benefits, and HRIS Specialist to join their team! The Payroll, Benefits, and HRIS Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of payroll and benefits processes. This individual will be responsible for timely payroll processing, benefits administration, and HRIS maintenance, contributing to our clients commitment to providing excellent employee experiences.
- Enter and review bi-weekly payroll time data, employee maintenance, tax information, direct deposit, new hire, and terminated employee processing.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency, consulting with the HR team to enhance payroll and HRIS processes.
- Audit payroll data entry and employee status changes to ensure accuracy before payroll execution.
- Coordinate with the HR Department to update employee master file changes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with General Managers to ensure timely and accurate reporting of hours to be paid via Square.
- Manage interfaces between Square and Paylocity.
- Ensure timely and accurate administration of employee garnishments, withholding, and remittance to appropriate agencies.
- Prepare required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Administer benefits, including enrollment, claims resolution, and providing employees with information about available benefits.
- Maintain and update the Square/Paylocity HRIS with accurate employee data, ensuring data integrity and compliance with company policies.
- Plan and administer annual open enrollment periods, including communication, on-site representation, and processing changes within deadlines.
- Conduct audits to ensure accurate enrollments and dependent information, collaborating with accounting for audits.
- Address benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions, facilitating proper utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Resolve discrepancies between carriers and payroll.
- Coordinate with third-party administrators to manage disability claims according to the plan.
- Administer FMLA and stay updated on relevant labor laws and regulations to ensure compliance in all HR processes in CA and TX.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 3 – 5 years of related multi-state payroll experience utilizing Paylocity or other similar payroll applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
- Strong knowledge of state, local, and federal practices and compliance requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate complex situations.
- Positive attitude and a collaborative approach to working in a team environment.