Oversees all payroll processing by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records and performing reconciliations as needed, as well as providing assistance to both Human Resources and Accounting when necessary. The Payroll Manager must be dedicated and industrious, committed to accuracy in all transactions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Reconciles employee federal and state income tax, medicare and social security taxes, and employer’s medicare, social security, unemployment, workers compensation payments and payroll bank accounts.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervise and coach payroll administrators and assistants.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams.
- Reconcile employee benefit deductions to invoices paid to vendors and deposits made to benefit accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field
- Strong knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and payroll taxes
- 3 to 5 years management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with UltiPro or ADP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills