Our Houston-based financial services client is seeking a Payroll Manager to process semi-monthly payroll and work closely with the HR department to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll reports
- Develop and maintain reports, controls and procedures
- Communicate and resolve payroll issues
- Acts as primary payroll contact with payroll service providers and other products/services.
- Ensure strict adherence to established internal controls and SOX compliance procedures
- Coordinate and provide information, records and reports for all payroll audits such as workers compensation, regulatory agencies, internal and external audits
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of all payroll processes
- Respond to inquiries and consultation on payroll issues including tax and regulatory matters
- Maintain professional and technical payroll knowledge including US government, state / province, and local requirements, ensuring company compliance, and advising management on needed actions
- Maintains confidentiality and security of payroll information and data files
- UKG Pro payroll experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field a plus
- 5 years prior experience in a fast-paced environment is required
- Maintain current emergency contingency payroll processing plan
- Maintain and audit accuracy of vacation, sick, floating holiday reports and accruals
- Drives preparation and issuance of annual Form W-2 / 1099 / 3921 / 83B
- Supports annual financial statement, 401(k), and other audits as required
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to email@example.com for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!