Payroll Manager- Austin
Our Austin based client is seeking an Payroll Manager to join their growing team!
- Manage to ensure that payroll is run accurately, timely and efficiently in compliance with all country, federal, state, local payroll, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Manage payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Manage the processing of 401K/Roth employee contributions and/or loans and Great West Life retirement employee contributions.
- Oversee the Payroll, Time Tracking and Time off configuration add/changes and performs/reviews all testing and maintains documentation for changes and approvals working closely with the Payroll Analyst and other internal partners as needed.
- Ensure all tax reporting is executed accurately, working closely with the Payroll Analyst and other internal partners as needed.
- Review federal and state regulatory requirement changes and company policy changes as needed, at a minimum Quarterly and annually with Payroll Analyst as they are identified to ensure that system is updated timely and accurately.
- Manages projects and process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality with Workday.
- Recommends process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Track and monitor process improvements that were implemental within the department to ensure improvement was successful or determine if additional adjustments are needed.
- Utilizing best practice and available technology that is continually being rolled out by Workday to gain efficiency and minimize SOX vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with our internal business partners to solution and develop streamline functionality in Workday to support our Payroll and Time Tracking processes.
- Partner closely with Human Resources on various projects, including those related to future acquisitions.
- Stay abreast of payroll legislations impacting domestic and international entities, and coordinate with appropriate internal and external parties to ensure compliance.
- Create and maintain payroll process and procedures documentation.
- Act as the primary payroll liaison during company audits and ensure proper documentation is maintained to enable successful passing of audits.
- Create and Maintain Payroll KPI Metrics.
- Responsible for exercising a high level of decision-making authority, diverse in nature, within defined company policy and legal requirements.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and protect the confidentiality of accessible information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 8 plus years’ progressive payroll experience with multi-state experience required
- 8 plus years’ progressive tax reconciliation and Quarter/Annual tax return filings required
- 7 plus years’ in a leadership capacity
- 7 plus years’ experience ad-hoc and Report Writer experience required
- 4 plus years’ experience using Workday Payroll, Time Tracking and Time off modules
- Create/Update ad-hoc and Report Writer experience required
- Project Management Experience, required
- Demonstrated success in effectively overseeing a payroll department with at least 3-4 direct reports
- Effective Leadership, conflict resolution and coaching skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Critical thinker with exceptional ability to model business processes and identify and resolve gaps
- Strong analytic, consultancy and communication skills
- Experience interpreting data and presenting information and findings.
- Strong problem-solving abilities for non-recurring and/or complex
- Ability to foster relationships with internal business partners
- Process re-engineering/development experience
- Thrive in a high growth environment
- Recent knowledge of multi-state tax and wage and hour laws required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Proficient with skills with Visio, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Projects and Access)
- Working knowledge of labor and tax laws
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Provide consultation to senior management on highly complex financial issues; recommending best practices and new business approaches to improve efficiencies in policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt to highly variable and non-recurring situations requiring immediate attention
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Management.
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent experience required
*Hybrid Work schedule- WFH Flexibility
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!