Our industrial client who has multiple locations within Houston has an urgent need for a Payroll Manager. Their primary responsibilities consist of managing and directing activities of workers engaged in recording hours of work, processing time records, compiling payroll statistics, maintaining payroll control records, and calculating payrolls by performing the following duties:
- Promote, demonstrate and instill Brock’s Bsafe and Bbest culture in all aspects of the business
- Lead of team of payroll professionals to administer all aspect of payroll for a 10,000 plus employee, multi-union organization operating at several sites and locations.
- Oversee and supervises the processing of payroll for each pay period (weekly/bi-weekly)
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, partners and third parties with respect to payroll-related functions.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
Payroll Management and Administration:
- Reviews and approves payroll (wages, deductions and taxes) to ensure accuracy
- Reviews and approves new or changed pay rates in payroll register and system of record
- Directs computation of pay according to company policy and payroll laws
- Manage in-house processing of garnishments
- Manage in-house processing of tax filing
- Direct preparation and reporting of certain payroll deduction information
- Oversee transmission of payroll data to third parties (such as 401k provider, bank cards and tax filing authorities)
- Prepare various metrics reports and distribute accordingly to leadership teams
- Partner with Human Resources to support various employee focused initiatives
Record to Report Administration:
- Partner with Treasury to provide various cash requirement schedules for payroll funding
- Review and approve various general ledger journal entries of payroll transactions before submittal to general accounting
- Collaborate with general accounting team to resolve general ledger account reconciliation issues.
- Partner with general accounting and operations to handle various external audit requests (financial statement audits and various compliance related audits)
- Coordinate payroll integration efforts (onboarding, procedure education, etc.) for newly acquired businesses and new operating sites/locations.
- Provide education to various business entities of Brock to standardize and simplify various payroll procedures.
Travel will be required for this position. The individual must also have great self-motivation, leadership skills, and be highly organized in order to be deadline oriented. Other qualifications for this position are as follows-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- 8+ years payroll experience with progressive supervisory responsibilities
- CPP required
- Experience managing in-house payroll
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of personnel in large organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office