Our Oil & Gas client in Downtown Houston is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team!
As the Payroll Specialist, you will function as a business support person to process weekly and bi-weekly payroll and benefit administration in payroll. The most desirable person will be a fast learner and is detail oriented.
Position Requirements :
- Minimum of a high school diploma and 2 years of payroll and time/attendance experience required.
- Must pay significant attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in Paychex payroll and time/attendance software preferred.
- Experience in other payroll system helpful – Ceridian Dayforce
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of government payroll legal requirements.
- Ability to always maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Oversee time and attendance system and validate hours worked.
- Enroll, terminate, and modify employee records in the HRIS system as it relates to payroll and benefits.
- Maintain vacation and personal time records.
- Process payroll on a weekly basis/biweekly basis
- Answer employee questions related to payroll and help to resolve issues.
- Ensure payroll practices meet internal rules and procedures as well as legal requirements.
- Assist Accounting and Human Resources in other activities as needed.
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to email@example.com for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!