This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
- Manage multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with company policies and federal and state wage and hour laws for 200+ employees.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with company pay practices, state and federal laws
- Develop, maintain, and monitor all controls, procedures and standards to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of semi-monthly payroll processing
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures and all regulatory payroll requirements and federal and state laws (Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division, Fair Labor Standards Act, Social Security, Internal Revenue Service, garnishment laws, state payday laws, etc.)
- Process employee new hire, transfer, promotion, and termination information
- Handle pay levies, wage garnishments, or any other payments as required by a court of law.
- Work closely with Human Resources to process paid and unpaid leaves of absence, wage adjustments, classification changes, and deduction modifications
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to payroll
- Ability to verbally and professionally and effectively with employees to resolve any pay discrepancies or other payroll/benefits issues as needed
- Reconcile and distribute employee W-2’s.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7 years of direct employee benefits-related and payroll experience
- Multi-state payroll/benefits experience preferred
- International experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills: written, conversational, through technology and presenting
- Ability to work cross-departmentally and ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization from employees to Executive Management
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with Paylocity software highly preferred
- Knowledge of employee benefits policies, contracts, service agreements, implementation, and regulatory reporting requirements
- Experience in establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with management, vendors, co-workers and team members
- Provides excellent customer service both internally and externally and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to convey with employees, management and executives professionally with verbal and written communication.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or FPC Certification preferred