This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our client, located in Memorial, is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team!
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO:
- Timely and accurate processing of high volume payrolls according to established payroll schedule and in compliance with established SOX procedures. This includes utilizing timekeeping system files, spreadsheet uploads, and manual data entry for employee hours. Ability to balance payroll and reconcile discrepancies in a tight time frame prior to service provider transmission is required.
- Accurate processing of employee overtime pay for various states.
- Process bonuses, special payments, and taxable cash and non-cash fringe benefits.
- Employee maintenance including direct deposits, garnishments, federal and state tax set ups.
- Calculating and processing manual checks as required.
- Timely research and resolve payroll inquires from employees, HR, department managers, and other parties while maintaining top notch customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll information.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING:
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Basic federal, state and local tax knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a high volume payroll
- Paylocity and Web Based payroll systems/applications experience preferred
- Multi state experience that includes California preferred
- Continuing education in Payroll or Accounting field preferred
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced time sensitive environment
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Garnishment processing experience
- Strong PC Skills including proficiency in Excel