Our Houston client is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team! You will be responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll for the company, including hourly and salary employees, and ensuring the company’s payroll process is in compliance with all State and Federal payroll practices. Other responsibilities include:
- Reconcile discrepancies of payroll data such as timecards, leave requests, and payroll deductions, to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to submitting payroll for processing.
- Keep records of payroll reports, such as job costing report, quarterly report and year-end report.
- Will be responsible for year-end payroll processing, such as timely distribution of W-2’s and 1095-C
- Process year-round and open enrollment benefit enrollment and changes for employees. Will assist with Open Enrollment meeting and related administrative tasks.
- Reconcile monthly invoices and submit to internal OA system to ensure timely payment processing.
- Will be responsible for running employee background check and pre-employment testing.
- Responsible for entering I-9’s via E-Verify and filing I-9 documents.
- Responsible for keeping employee files current with relevant paperwork.
- Respond to and resolve HR/benefits/payroll related issues and questions.
- Participate in weekly HR meeting.
- Maintain current knowledge of HR/benefits/payroll related State, Federal and company policies and procedures.
- May assist HR manager in new hire orientation, on-boarding meetings, and prepare onboarding material for newly hired employees.
- May assist the recruiting function with screening resumes and setting up interviews.
- This position will support the HR Manager daily and perform other related duties as required and assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Must be detail oriented, organized and efficient in completing related tasks.
- Must have strong customer service skills. Must have the ability to establish and maintain courteous and professional relationships with employees and vendors.
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communications.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Must be reliable and dependable, diligent and on-time for work.
- Must work safely and complete Company safety training.
- Must be able to use independent judgement and discretion on issues that maybe sensitive or confidential in nature.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, LICENSES and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years related Human Resources experience preferred.
- Must have at least 2+ years of hands-on experience running full-cycle payroll on a HRIS, such as SAP, Paychex, ADP, Workday, or similar.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel by personal vehicle to other locations (within Houston/Katy) when required.