Payroll Specialist- Dallas
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for the accuracy, and timeliness of assigned payroll runs. You are expected to understand and manage statutory requirements, along with policy changes and updates to ensure the reconciliation of payroll meets audit requirements. The Payroll Specialist will possess significant experience in multi-state payroll processing, the ability to multi-task in a challenging and ever-changing environment while delivering exceptional customer service to improve the satisfaction of our business partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing, audit and related processes for assigned business units, including special projects and biweekly, quarter and year-end audits.
- Performs basic analysis and research related to payroll processing.
- Develops and maintains awareness of SOC 1 controls and accountable for compliance at each task performed.
- Builds relationships of trust, respect, and partnership with field contacts by providing exceptional customer service.
- Identify areas requiring process improvement and escalate to internal leadership.
- Run variance reports and review the accuracy of the payroll data along with individual transactions input
- Lead the preparation for quarter/year-end processing
- Assist with annual enrollment with testing and performing applicable end dating activities
- Input and validate weekly payrolls accurately and timely, based on company policy and guidelines.
- Reconcile GL and payroll outstanding items on a weekly basis
- Ensures the integrity of payroll data based on Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Understand Payroll Principles as outlined by the Payroll Industry reference sources
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Associate degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or equivalent in education and experience)
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years of payroll processing experience
- Multi-state taxation, and Year-End management experience
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency with MS Office Excel and payroll processing software
- Knowledge of Workday Payroll, and Timekeeping systems preferred
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), and/or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to customize responses to meet the relevant needs of each customer.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Handle confidential information in a discrete manner are crucial.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Must be a quick learner and adapt to a fast-paced payroll environment.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines, with attention to detail