Our client is looking for a Payroll Specialist to add to their team in Houston. Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform daily payroll activities for multiple entities scheduled on differing pay cycles ranging from bi-weekly to semi-monthly.
- Reconcile payroll prior to submission by reviewing computed wages and corrects errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings.
- Understand, calculate and process proper withholding.
- Prepare payroll reports.
- Works closely with HR to ensure accurate benefit deductions and recordkeeping.
- Assists HR with garnishments, deductions, PTO accrual.
- Responds to employee inquires and requests regarding payroll matters in a timely manner.
- Process expense reports from employees.
- Provide additional support to Finance Department as required.
- Associates Degree or years of relevant experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional Preferred
- 2-5 years of proven experience in a hands-on payroll role.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Excel.