• Manage multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with company policies and federal and state wage and hour laws.
• Supervise the collection, protection, confidentiality, and maintenance of payroll information, systems, calculation and data entry.
• Process employee new hire, transfer, promotion, and termination information.
• Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
• Calculate overtime and differentials for hourly and non-exempt employees.
• Handle pay levies, wage garnishments, or any other payments as required by a court of law.
• Work closely with Human Resources to process paid and unpaid leaves of absence, wage adjustments, classification changes, and deduction modifications.
• Reconcile time sheets payroll data for field and office employees, update employee pay and benefit rate changes and resolve any payroll discrepancies.
• Process additional employee pay through the payroll system including expense reports, severance packages and annual bonuses.
• Manage and process payment to the employee retirement services (401k) plan.
• Balance payroll accounts and resolve any discrepancies.
• Regularly review payroll systems to ensure current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation accruals and usage, 401(k) deductions, etc. to ensure accurate records are maintained.
• Work with the payroll vendor to resolve any technical issues that may arise.
• Manage year-end payroll process, including recording taxable fringe benefits.
• Reconcile and distribute employee W-2’s and file with associated state and federal agencies.
• Manage payroll compliance to federal, state, and local legal requirements including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime exemptions, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans With Disability Act (ADA), and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
• Create and maintain a payroll procedure manual
• Identify process improvement opportunities and facilitate the implementation of new payroll processes and systems.
• Stay up-to-date with all laws and regulations regarding payroll and payroll taxes, including SUI, social security taxes, and wage data.
• Perform periodic audits on employee salaries, deductions, and taxes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Field Minimum of 3-5+ years payroll processing experience in a corporate environment.
• Ceridian Payroll, JD Edwards or ADP experience preferred.
• Advanced Excel skills required.
• Extreme professionalism, discretion, and attention to detail when working with sensitive employee information.
• Strong knowledge of all state and federal employment taxes.
• An ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup work environment, and strong customer service and employee relations skills.