Senior Benefits Specialist
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Senior Benefits Specialist- Retirement Plans
Key responsibilities include management of the non-qualified deferred compensation and 401(k) plans, including the direct daily administration of the plans.
- Assist with the management of the Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation and 401(k) plans which includes the facilitation of accurate and timely delivery of employer contributions, employee payroll deductions and funding to appropriate service providers.
- Assist with the administration of the Company’s Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation plan, including facilitation of annual employee enrollment, preparation of communication materials, one-on-one communication with employees regarding the plan, and coordinating periodic account distributions.
- Lead the annual 401(k) plan non-discrimination testing, match true-up and audit processes to include data compilation across the Company, calculation validations with service providers, work with outside auditors in preparation of the financials and associated 5500.
- Performs audits using service providers reports to ensure compliance with plan requirements.
- Interact with service providers, and accounting, internal audit, operating units, IT, and others on issues, requirements, internal audits, and reporting ensuring requests are completed and deadlines are met.
- Handles escalated matters in an efficient manner that ensures timely resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- 10+ years of experience in as senior analyst or auditor of a 401(k) plan and 5500 administration at a progressively responsible level.
- 5+ years of non-qualified deferred compensation retirement plan administration.
- Strong analytical and integrative skills including the ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical and systematic way
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree and or related years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of ERISA requirements and exposure to government reporting requirements for deferred compensation plans.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
or CEBS – Certified Employee Benefit Specialist