Senior Compensation Specialist
- Assist in managing all compensation programs, procedures and practices to ensure consistency with organizations overall objectives and in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
- Oversee the compensation program to ensure it is competitive and meets regulatory requirements.
- Manage the day to day operations of the compensation departments programs, job evaluations, performance appraisal, salary administration and incentive programs.
- Responsible for measuring program success and to develop compensation strategies.
- Provide consulting services to HR, lines of business and compensation team by researching and analyzing complex compensation issues.
- Assist with the development of compensation communication such as incentive plan documentation.
- Assist in preparation for annual merit increase guidelines as well as budgeting and lead the performance appraisal program.
- Utilize existing salary structures to price new jobs through market pricing or slotting.
- Design and prepare ad hoc compensation and budget related reports for management.
- Serve as main point of contact for questions on job descriptions, salary ranges and merit increases
- Partner with HR business partners to provide subject matter expertise on hiring ranges, competitive counter offers and pay equity to ensure internal equity and external competitive positioning.
- Manage the selection, training and development of staff.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Formal Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or a related field is a definite asset.
Knowledge and Experience
- 7+ years of Human Resources experience.
- 5+ compensation-related experience
- Knowledge of compensation and benefits principles and concepts including market pricing and compensation plan/structure design.
- Must have advanced proficiency with Excel, as well as other Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to perform analysis on large amounts of data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations.
- Accurate, detail oriented, self-starter, ability to multi-task, prioritize and think outside the box.
- Proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and highly confidential data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- The highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.
- Excellent written and oral communication