Senior HR Coordinator
The Senior HR Coordinator provides support to the Shared Services (SS) Human Resources team to enable a positive employee experience for employees within the SS client groups from on-boarding through the full employee journey. Critical to this position is the ability to be innovative with proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations. The position will work cross-functionally and collaboratively within HR, Payroll, and the Total Rewards teams. Various functions of the role will include HRIS data entry, payroll, compensation, total rewards, policy deployment, compliance, project management, and immigration support.
- Initiating/maintaining accurate data in the HRIS system (PeopleSoft) with a high focus on data quality.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Facilitate onboarding and off-boarding process and ensures changes are made as needed to enable a positive employee experience.
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation (NHO).
- Process semi-monthly payroll for salaried employees. Maintains payroll records, responds to payroll-related inquiries, and participates in internal and external audits. This includes processing employee change notices (ECNs), tuition reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, and more.
- Administrator for our Time and Attendance program (Kronos).
- Responsible for ongoing continuous improvement, such as updating processes and procedures on an as needed basis.
- Process invoices.
- Participates in projects in the areas of performance management, onboarding, compensation, and training and development.
- Assists HR Specialist and HR Business Partner with immigration support for initiation, petitions, questions, and file maintenance.
- Process unemployment claims for all Shared Services employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field required.
- 3+ years working in a complex HR organization
- Experienced in applying and following established procedures and work instructions to complete day to day responsibilities, which are generally well-defined and straight-forward, but require relatively frequent deviations.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, demonstrating a high level of integrity and accuracy.
- Ability to handle high volume of work efficiently. Must have strong attention to detail and error prevention.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills, capable of sound decision making. Proven ability to work without frequent supervision.