Senior HR Generalist
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our client in west Houston is seeking a Senior HR Generalist to perform a variety of administrative duties within the HR department. In this role, you will be responsible for benefits administration, workers comp claims, employee relations, and payroll processing. Other duties include:
- Assist with the drafting and update of policies and the Employee Handbook.
- Administers the compensation program and monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Perform benefits administration, including claims resolution, disability tracking, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Handle employee relations matters, lower level investigations, counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Responsible for employee engagement, the employee survey, employee activities, recognition programs that help build a cohesive team.
- Manage and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Maintain company organization charts
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- With the assistance of Counsel, maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Report, maintain and monitor all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Helps facilitate training to the workforce, if needed.
- Interacts significantly with field service employees
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as an HR Generalist
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong desire to learn and increase his/her HR skills and abilities
- Excellent style and ability to relate well with all levels of employees