Senior Human Resources Generalist
The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives. They will maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources department by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices. The role will support the administration of a variety of areas within HR which includes Talent Acquisition and Recruitment, Talent Development, compliance, employee relations, DEI initiatives, training, recognition, performance management, leave administration, workers compensation, onboarding and offboarding, policy implementation, and administrative support.
- Responsible for talent acquisition and talent development of both corporate and manufacturing/industrial workforces
- Manage recruiting and staffing logistics
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR data analysis and metrics
- Perform audits of programs, recordkeeping standards, and other employment practices to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Complete HR compliance reporting requirements as needed
- Participate in employee orientation and separation as needed
- Partner with Management to increase employee engagement through various programs / actions (employee surveys, events, etc.)
- Support payroll production, and serve as backup processer as needed
- Support HR performance reviews (appraisals, objectives setting, training/development plans, people review, succession planning, etc.)
- Respond to coworker inquiries regarding payroll procedures, computations, and company policy.
- Willingness to contribute to all HR initiatives for overall enhanced employee experience with a focus of providing a best place to work
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in HR or related field
- Minimum five (5) years directly related HR experience
- Must have experience with industrial/manufacturing workforces
- Experience managing the full life cycle for recruiting, in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience developing programs, policies and practices to maintain the company’s compliance with all federal, state and local employment-related regulatory requirements including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
- Experience with employee relations and conducting employee investigations in a confidential and timely manner
- Knowledge of payroll system operations and reporting functions
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred
- SHRM-CP/PHR certifications a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with mid-size organizations preferred (500+ employee headcount)